S3 (“Simple Storage Service”)
- System for saving and recovering files using a REST API.
- Redundant storage in different zones and CPD servers for high availability.
- Scalable. You only pay for the amount of storage space used. The storage cost is very low.
- Secure transfer of files in transit and storage via SSL encryption.
- Integration with other AWS services.
- Data access through buckets, with access control administration.
- Global content delivery network (CDN) service.
- Overlapping network of servers that keep copies of the same data.
- Optimised for use with S3, EC2, ELB, etc.